The PATA has a mission to preserve and protect the trails in the Placitas area. Below is an overview of that mission:
- Support and assist the trail plan developed by the National Forest Service
- Map all trails and document condition of each trail
- Encourage and support a sustainable and enjoyable trail system
- Protect and preserve the areas natural resources
- Increase membership to improve our effectiveness
- Provide guidance on trail reroutes and closures
- Help fund and install trail signage
- Encourage the NFS to keep trails in the Wilderness open to hikers
- Plan and do trail maintenance under the guidance of the National Forest Service
- Monitor trail conditions and help prevent unplanned trail building and trail adjustments
- Determine and reduce the impact the Pueblo land swap will have on affected trails. Click here to see trail map and affected area shaded yellow.
We plan on asking our members to help with all the items on this mission plan and will send out communications as we address them. Spreading the word and registering members is our first step for better trails in Placitas.